Now in its third year, the promotion offers customers who buy The Best Dressed Chicken the chance to win Christmas dinner prepared exclusively by 12 of Jamaica’s best chefs. Of the 12 winners, one person also gets the bonus prize of $600,000 in groceries for a year.
In a departure from the first two editions of the promotion wherein each of the 12 chefs delivered gourmet Christmas dinners to the homes of the winners, this year all 12 winners and their guests will be feted at a grand dinner, with all the trimmings of the holidays, to make it even more special. Each winner will be assigned their own personal chef, so together—the winner and the chef—can plan a feast that best celebrates their unique culinary tastes.
“The Best Dressed Chicken is always enthusiastic about the importance of family, and so we thought it would be fantastic for us to add even deeper meaning to the holidays by bringing all the winning families together in one space,” said Mrs Forrest Henry. The grand dinner for all 12 winners takes place on December 26, at a location to be revealed. “We’re calling this our wonderland and while we’re not going to reveal the location just yet, our winners can count on it being truly remarkable,” she said.
“This is our third year of the 12 Chefs of Christmas and our point of inspiration for this promotion has always been about saying ‘Thank You’ to our customers for serving The Best Dressed Chicken at their tables all year round,” said Joan Forrest-Henry, Vice President, Sales and Marketing at The Best Dressed Chicken. “Essentially we’re saying: you’ve had us at your table, now here’s a chance to enjoy being at ours.”
The featured 12 chefs are:
· Chef Steve Sowa, executive chef, Half Moon Hotel
· Chef Ravi Anne, group executive chef, Jewels Resorts
· Chef Daniel Schweizer, executive chef, Goddard Catering Group
· Chef Andre Fowles, sous-chef Miss Lily’s Jamaican restaurant and a finalist in Food Network’s “Chopped” series
· Chef Gariel Ferguson, highly respected “master of the grill”
· Chef Johnoi Reid, executive chef, The Cliff Hotel and Spa Resort
· Chef Simone Walker-Barrett, lecturer at UTECH’s School of Hospitality and Tourism and conceptualiser of Street Food Saturdays
· Chef Jacqui Tyson, culinary artist, JTyson Events and Catering
· Chef Lorraine Fung, owner of Catering by Lorraine
· Chef Michele Williams, owner of Moveable Feast Caterers
· Chef Haleem Card, owner of 17 Layers
To enter the promotion, customers must purchase The Best Dressed Chicken Whole Chicken, Mixed Parts, Resealables, or Chilled Tray Packs and retain the receipt. Subsequently, they must retrieve the entry code on the card inside the package and text that code to 564-6500. Correctly complete The Best Dressed Chicken campaign slogan (THE BEST DR_SS_D CH_CKEN DI F_VOURI_E) which appears on the card, and retain the card. The competition runs through to December 17, 2016.